Prepare your students for effective nursing practice in Canadian healthcare settings with Canadian Maternity, Newborn, & Women’s Health Nursing, 2e.
Offering up-to-date research and content, this practical book covers all stages of maternity nursing from preconception to postpartum, as well as women’s health issues throughout the lifespan, including health promotion, nutrition, medical issues, psychosocial issues, sexuality, family, fertility, menopause, and aging. Focusing on evidence-based practice and clinical application, the text helps students prepare for effective maternity and women’s health nursing in today’s multifaceted health care environment.
Updated for currency and accuracy and filled with new art and photographs, the Second Edition includes even more content specific to Canadian nursing, adds more depth and critical thinking elements to each chapter’s progressive case studies, and provides an expanded array of online resources, including assignments, activities, and case studies that help students understand and safely practice maternity nursing in the Canadian health care system. Instructor Resources:
- PowerPoint presentations assist in integrating the textbook with your students’ classroom experience, via either handouts or slide shows.
- A revised Test Bank with five new questions per chapter speeds test preparation.
- Learning Objectives for each chapter provide a valuable checklist for assessing student mastery of key content.
- Answers to Questions in the Book are provided for your convenience, as well as in an appendix in the book.
- Strategies for Effective Teaching provide tips for teaching the course.
- Blackboard-ready materials work effectively with your class management system.
- Assignments (and suggested answers) including group, written, clinical, and Web assignments, provides you with a wealth of assignment material to choose from.
- A complete image bank enhances lecture and exam preparation.
- Journal Articles offer access to research available in LWW journals.
- Case Studies with questions (via interactive module) can be assigned to give students practice applying concepts to real world situations.
- Maternity Video Clips bring concepts to life.
- Reference links for every chapter facilitate further exploration of key research.
- A complete eBook of the text offers anytime, anywhere search capability.
- Watch & View Video Clips reinforce skills from the textbook and appeal to visual and auditory learners.
- Learning Objectives for every chapter help students gauge their mastery of key content.
- Monographs of Commonly Prescribed Drugs provide vital, up-to-date information.
- Journal Articles offer access to current research available in LWW journals.